Monday, June 29, 2009

Changing, Rearranging

It can't possibly be July yet...although considering the weather we've had lately...I shouldn't sound so shocked. It has been MISERABLE!


Speaking of miserable situations, we are still missing our teenager Screech. Thanks to everyone who has commented on our sad situation! We call him our teenager because we believe that he is out doing exactly what teenagers do---rebel--and torture their parents. Going on day 34 of his disappearance we're trying to stay hopeful. We have had several different sightings from our neighbors that seem to be quite reliable. Thus, we think he's running around with a bad crowd and will come home when he returns to his senses (at least this is what we're praying for).






Searching for Screech, houses, and jobs have kept us really busy! We just recently put an offer on our third home in the California house search, but this home is a short sale...so we are going to have to be patient while we wait to hear back from the bank. Home prices are great, but the inventory is really lacking, and home are not staying on the market for long. We're hoping that the third time's the charm because to be honest, I'm tired of house shopping.





I will be leaving to start my job in California in a little over two weeks now! Tai, however is going to stay behind until we have a house secured, which hopefully won't be long. We are also still in the process of finding him a job and have some good leads, but as of today don't have a position for him. Thus, Tai's going to stay in Texas and keep earning money for a little while longer. I am definitely NOT looking forward to this temporary seperation, but I have faith that things are going to work out for us and we won't have to be apart for too long. :(


In the midst of all of this upcoming change we've had some fun too! Tai's sister Kacee and her three kids came to visit for a couple of weeks and we got to spend some time playing with them.



This is 9 month old Dane. He is so precious...this poor kid hasn't had it easy, he was born with Hydrocephaly...but if you spend anytime with him you wouldn't know anything was wrong except that his head his larger than normal. He is happy and as handsome as can be! We had such a great time with him!

4 comments:

Jillian Goulding said...

hooray!!!!!!!! can't wait until you move back home!!!!

utahnelsonfamily said...

Sounds Like you guys had a great time having Kacee and the Kids in Texas, Dane is a very cute little guy I just wish that we saw them more only living an hour from Tremonton. I hope that your time apart is short I don't know what I would do in your situation.

Live Out Loud said...

I really hated the house hunting process as well...it is such an emotional rollercoaster (especially short sales!!!). You spend a bunch of time looking for the "right" home, put in an offer and then dream about it and how you will make it yours only to find that the offer was not accepted (repeat process)...good luck. I will send you positive chi. Good luck with the new job and parenting your wayward child as well. I know you are super busy and may not have time for your artistic side much as of late, but do you still need photos of new baby girls for your ETSY shop? I have some real winners. Take care friend!

Kari Ann said...

You are finally moving to Cali? I am excited for you, although I wish it was to Utah so I would get to see you sometimes. I hoe you find your cat before you go, but good news that he is okay:)