Thursday, October 23, 2008

Favorite Things

Who doesn't love fall? The weather starts cooling off and the leaves start changing signaling the beginning of the LONG holiday season. Aww...it's the best!

Here in Texas we've just been working and taking the time to enjoy some of our favorite things. For Tai, that means spending some quality time watching football. Last week we went to the TCU/BYU game. Apparently, the Conlin's are bad luck for the Cougars. At least I was semi entertained by the cheerleaders. But, college football games are too long for my taste and with TCU stomping the cougars, we left before the beginning of the fourth quarter.


While Tai is watching football I try to devote some time to my new favorite hobby, knitting. Tai's mom is an excellent knitter and she is slowly but surely teaching me the tricks of the trade. I really enjoy it...even if Tai calls me an "old lady". It gives me something to do while I am watching TV.The rest of our spare time is spent tormenting our cats. Bronco is especially fun to torment. I got him this little hat at Target purely for the fact that I knew that we would be entertained by making him wear it.
We hope everyone is gearing up for a Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

Christensen Family said...

Sorry it took me so stinkin' long to get back to you about digital storybooking. I was going to email you but realized I don't have your email, so this may be one LONG comment :)
I used to be a scrapbooker, i loved it, but once the kiddos started to come along it got really hard to keep up with it all, and I wanted them all to have their own book and stuff. It was about then that I found Heritage Makers. It was everything I wanted! It's all done on my computer (which is where all my pics are anyway...no more printing off pictures), all the books I complete are stored in my account forever (so no more worrying about my house burning down and losing all my pictures, I can just get them printed again), it's so easy to do, with no mess, no clean up, no set up, I have access to like a million cute embellishments, backgrounds, and fonts, I love that it's all do-over-able, so if I hate a page I've done I can start it over, and I LOVE the finished product! All the books are printed on highest quality paper, are bound together (not glued together like a lot of other companies...which really makes a difference when you have little kids always looking at them), and have customizable hardback covers. I LOVE my books!! LOVE THEM! They also have a bunch of other products, like calendars, game cards, greeting cards, posters, etc.
At first I started as a customer with the company, but I loved it so much, and everyone that saw my books loved them so much that I thought I'd become a consultant. It's a great company. I've been doing it for over 2 years. It has the potential for making a ton of money, but I'm so busy with my boys that I make enough every month for some extra cash and I haven't paid for book in like a year and a half (you earn free books when you sell).
I know you'd be good at it, cuz you're way creative and you're a people person. All it takes is showing your books, they sell themselves. If you want to do it, I'd LOVE to have you on my team! You could sign up under me, then I could show you the ropes! Let me know if you're interested and I can answer anymore questions you have. My email is kristen.story@hotmail.com and my website is
www.readmemystory.com
Hope that helps!

Kari Ann said...

What a depressing game. The really depressing part is that the Cougars have been all down hill since then. Of course you are knitting. I bet you are way good at it and I am once again jealous of your talents.

Mia said...

You knit! I want to learn to knit so badly b/c it helps time pass quickly and you don't have to worry about the batteries dying on your ipod or losing a signal on your blackberry. Can't wait to see you in your handmade scarf and beanie. So do we need a Hawaii friends get together in the spring or do you have any upcoming Utah plans?

Anna said...

I LOVE THAT YOU KNIT!!! I totally wish I could!!! Your cats are AWESOME!!! You make me laugh so hard!!

Jillian Goulding said...

You have been tagged....look at my blog to see what it is:)